Out West Arts: Performance at the end of the world

Opera, music, theater, and art in Los Angeles and beyond

The new millennium

August 31, 2008

 

Here in the doldrums just prior to the new Fall season, I thought I’d try a little something different here at OutWestArts. Being a fan of new operas and looking forward to a number of new and recent works in the coming months, I'm offering up a little audio contest. Below is an mp3 link featuring seven brief snippets from operas that premiered after 2000. To play, e-mail me at brian@langhamstation.com naming all seven works, their composers, and the names and roles of the featured vocalists in each segment. The grand prize is a brand spanking new DVD of the final opera featured in the quiz, which I will mail to the first person to correctly identify all seven operas and the 10 featured vocalists correctly. I'll name the winning entry on Monday, September 8. Good luck.

21 Century Opera - Press to Play

Labels:


Comments:





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Calendar


Recent

Opera Reviews '10-'11

Opera Reviews '09-'10

Opera Reviews '06-'09

L.A. Phil Reviews '09/'10

L.A. Phil Reviews '08/'09

L.A. Theater Reviews

 

Follow Along

Brian

Los Angeles

Follow me on Twitter

Archives