Out West Arts: Performance at the end of the world

Opera, music, theater, and art in Los Angeles and beyond

In-between days

January 11, 2007

 
I have been known to read a book on occasion.

Although I usually do not like Out West Arts to stray into topics and areas outside of my original intentions, I am going to make a small exception here. I have been cajoled into a blog-based reading group that is assailing the unabridged version of Samuel Richardson's Clarissa. The group is reading this epistolary novel in "real time" covering each letter on the day of the year it was written.

This is a similar group of folks who trapped me into spending time I will never get back on Kathleen Winsor's Forever Amber, a taste I have yet been able to wash from my mouth. For any interested parties, things have just gotten started over at (what else?) Forever Clarissa, a new link for which can also be found on the left.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Calendar


Recent

Opera Reviews '10-'11

Opera Reviews '09-'10

Opera Reviews '06-'09

L.A. Phil Reviews '09/'10

L.A. Phil Reviews '08/'09

L.A. Theater Reviews

 

Follow Along

Brian

Los Angeles

Follow me on Twitter

Archives