Out West Arts: Performance at the end of the world

Opera, music, theater, and art in Los Angeles and beyond

Welcome to Out West Arts

August 16, 2006

 
Everyone starts somewhere and I start here (blogging that is). I started this blog for many reasons and here are a few:

1) I love the preforming arts. I especially love opera, classical music, and theater and I'm out more nights than not at some show, concert or other event. I have found over the last years that having a place to reflect on these experiences is worthwhile not only for my own thought process about these topics, but is a great way for me to have a record about my own history and thought process.

2) I believe I live in the most exciting arts community in America - Los Angeles - and I don't believe that anyone is doing a very good job of representing, reflecting or reporting on (mostly non-Hollywood) events out West. So I guess it's up to me.

3) While I think there are many great music and opera-oriented blogs out there - including The Rest is Noise and ionarts - I haven't found too many that suit my own personal interests and tastes so - if I want something done right...

So this is my reasoning for better or worse. More on the goal and content next time around. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Calendar


Recent

Opera Reviews '10-'11

Opera Reviews '09-'10

Opera Reviews '06-'09

L.A. Phil Reviews '09/'10

L.A. Phil Reviews '08/'09

L.A. Theater Reviews

 

Follow Along

Brian

Los Angeles

Follow me on Twitter

Archives